Wednesday, June 23, 2010

MAKING A BUGGY WHEELS QUILT

 
 
 
Here is what I have been working on for the last month. I wanted to go back to doing some old fashioned piecing, before I forgot how LOL. . So,k I decided to do a pattern with values only. This patern is called Buggy Wheels, and can be found at the Buggy Barn, I got mine from a Book , AMERICAN QUILT LOVERS FAVORITES, VOLUME 10. So, off tho the scrap chest I went, and choose Darks and Lights. It is made up of dark on dark hst, and dark on light hst. Once I had all the hst made, I palced the dark on dark in one bag, and the dark on light in another. Then I pulled a handful from each bag, and let them fall where they would. I now have 12 blocks done, and 8 more to go. Each of thse blocks are an 16 in square, with 102 pieces. It is a great way to use up those scraps. Would love hearing from any of you who decide to make one.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I just love the buggy wheel design and hope to make it one day.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my quilting world. Please leave a comment.