Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Farmer's Wife Quilt

I am fascinated by this quilt. It consists of 111, 6 in. blocks. It will by my long term project for awhile. I have decided to do it in batiks. So, I ordered the book, "The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt",by Lauren Aaron Bird, from Amazon. The book comes with letters from farmer's wives, along with pictures of all 111 blocks. It also comes with a cd, which I use to print out the templates. I do not have a time limit on this one, and will probably work on other things also. So, here we go, my new project. Here are the first 9 blocks. They are 1. Attic Windows. 2. Autumn Tints, 3. Basket, 4. Basket Weave, 5. Bat Wing, 6. Big Dipper, 7. Birds in the Air, 8. Bouquet, 9. Box. I will try to add pictures as I go along from this point. Hope you enjoy this new journey with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my quilting world. Please leave a comment.